The Board of Directors, comprised of the president and seven directors, develops and implements strategy to bolster and revitalize the University's educational and research activities, and ensures that decision-making is done responsibly so that national university accountability standards are upheld. The president must obtain the approval of board members on matters pertaining to any of the following:
- Mid-term goals and annual plans.
- Matters that require the consent or endorsement of the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, as stipulated in the National University Corporation Law.
- Budget creation and implementation and accounting issues.
- Opening or closing of Graduate Schools, Faculties, departmental organizations and other important organizations.
- Other matters as determined by the Board of Directors.