To prevent bicycle accidents in the University of Tokyo community, the 8th Free Bicycle Check-up at Hongo Campus will take place as noted below. There will also be a Bicycle Pop Quiz (where every participant will win a prize) organized by The University of Tokyo Automobile Club (UTAC) and The University of Tokyo Bicycle Club Touring Part.
This time, the free bicycle check-up is limited to students whose bicycles are registered for the Hongo parking area. A charged bicycle repairs service, open to all members of the university community with registered bicycles, will also be available at the Hongo Campus CO-OP Store 2 on the designated days.
Please check the posters and fliers for more details and join us to promote a safe and secure cycling life for you and others.
■FREE Bicycle Check-up
1. WHEN October 12 (Thu), 2017
Postponed to October 19 (Thu) in case of rain. Notification will be made by noon the day before.
CHECK-IN 09:30 – 12:20 Max. 130 bikes (students only)
12:20 – 13:30 Max. 70 bikes (students only)
PICK-UP 12:20 – 17:00 on the day of the event
Bicycles that were checked in after 12:20 will be returned after 15:00.
2. WHERE Hongo Campus Main Gate
3. ELIGIBILITY Students of UTokyo whose bicycles are registered for the Hongo Campus bicycle parking area. Bring your UTokyo ID card for identification.
1. Free Bicycle Check-up Poster
2. Bicycle Hazard Map (Hongo, Komaba, Kashiwa Campus)
3. “Stop! Bicycle Accidents Video” at UTokyo.TV
Please login to watch exclusive UTokyo TV content.
1. Click the "Login" button above.
2. Enter your UTokyo Account ID and password.