* Applications for AY 2016 are now closed.
The University of Tokyo (UTokyo) is participating in the Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (AFLSP) as a Participate University from this year. AFLSP aims to promote mutual understanding and exchanges among students in Far East Asian countries and regions. AFLSP is organized by the Bai Xian Asian Institute founded by Mr. Ronald K. Y. CHAO, who is an Alumni of UTokyo (1962 Faculty of Engineering) and the Vice Chairman and Director of Novel Enterprises Limited.
AFLSP is offering 2-year full-scholarships (Max. USD 25,000/year) for high-caliber students from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea who are applying to designated Master’s degree programs at UTokyo (see below). (Also, Japanese students going to study abroad to participating universities in these area are eligible to apply for the program. Please see the Bai Xian Institute website for more details.)
Bai Xian Institute Website: http://www.bxai.org/en-us/
Students are able to apply for the AFLSP by registering through their website. If selected as a recipient, students are obligated to attend the four week summer gathering, which is an integral part of program, and where all recipients attending the various member universities come together.
AFLSP is one of the most beneficial scholarship programs, and a very challenging cross-cultural program. We look forward very much to receiving your applications.
UTokyo AFLSP Programs:
- International Program in Economics, Graduate School of Economics
- Graduate Program on Environmental Sciences, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Special Graduate Program in Resilience Engineering-Nuclear Engineering and Management Course, Graduate School of Engineering
- Special Graduate Program in Resilience Engineering-Systems Innovation Course, Graduate School of Engineering
- International Graduate Program in the Field of Civil Engineering and Infrastructure Studies, Graduate School of Engineering
- Architecture and Urban Design Program, Graduate School of Engineering
- International Bioengineering Program, Graduate School of Engineering
- International Technology Management Program in the Department of Technology Management for Innovation (TMI), Graduate School of Engineering
- International Multidisciplinary Engineering Graduate Program, Graduate School of Engineering
- International Program in Agricultural Development Studies, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences
- Department of Integrated Biosciences, Master Course, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences
- Department of Natural Environmental Studies, Master Course, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences
- Department of Ocean Technology, Policy and Environment, Master Course, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences
- Graduate Program in Sustainability Science-Global Leadership Initiative, Master Course, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences
- International Master's/Doctoral Degree Program: Information, Technology, and Society in Asia (ITASIA), Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information Studies
* If you have been given an application number for the entrance examination, please use that number on the application form on the Bai Xian Institute Website. If not, please put 0000.
For more information, please contact us at: