JIEPP Japan-India Exchange Seminar
“Joint degrees between India and Japan – Current situation and future prospect”
- Speakers : Yoshihiko Uematsu (Executive Director of the Organization for Promotion of Glocalization, Gifu University)
- Speakers : Tetsuji Kume (Professor in the International joint Department of Integrated Mechanical Engineering, Gifu University)
- Commentator: Yasuhiro Yonehara (First Secretary, the Embassy of Japan in India)
- Chair: Takahiro Kato (Associate Professor in the Dept. of Indian Philosophy and Buddhist Studies, Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology, Director of India Office of UTokyo)
“My study abroad and job-hunting experiences in Japan: Roundtable discussions by Indian alumni”
- Speakers & Panelists: Imtiaz Ahmed (Tata Consultancy Services Japan)
- Speakers & Panelists: Abhijeet Ravankar (Kitami Institute of Technology)
- Speakers & Panelists: Ravishankar Vishal (Asahi Precision Co.,Ltd)
- Commentator: HARADA Mariko (Lecturer, Center for Research on Counseling and Support Services at the University of Tokyo)
- Chair: KATO Takahiro (Associate Professor in the Dept. of Indian Philosophy and Buddhist Studies, Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology, UTokyo)
“The Role of Universities for Promoting India-Japan Relations: From the History of Intellectual Exchange between the Two Nations”
- Keynote: Akio Tanabe (Professor in the Department of Cultural Anthropology, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and the Director of the Center for South Asian Studies at the University of Tokyo)
- Comment: Norie Kobayashi Krishnapillai (IITM-NUT Office Coordinator at Nagaoka University of Technology)
- Chair: Takahiro Kato (Associate Professor in the Department of Indian Philosophy and Buddhist Studies, Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology at the University of Tokyo)
“The Future of Digital Society and Japan-India Exchange”
- Keynote: Kotaro Kataoka (Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad)
- Comment: Kunihiko Sadakane (Professor, The University of Tokyo)
With “Joint Degree Programs as the platform of co-creation” as a theme, “Gifu Joint Degree Symposium 2022” opens for two days from Wednesday, November 30 through Thursday, December 1, 2022.
We participated in the "Interactive sessions on Railway Research Between India and Japan" held by the Indian Embassy
Studying in Japan at the Promotional Seminar for prospective MEXT Scholars from Indian Railways held at the Japan Foundation, New Delhi.
Three faculty members of the Graduate School of Engineering at the University of Tokyo participated in the 5th STS Forum INDIA-JAPAN Workshop in DELHI which was held in the Sheraton New Delhi on February 26, 2020.
Dr. Tatsuya Okubo, Dean of the Graduate School of Engineering, participated in the General Meeting of the Indo Akamonkai, an alumni association of UTokyo
twenty-five researchers from India invited under the JST Sakura Science Plan "Indian Officers Invitation Program" visited the Graduate School of Engineering and Information Science and Technology where they were given a tour of the laboratories.
The MEXT (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology) Scholarship Seminar in India Delhi by the Embassy of Japan in India and the University of Tokyo.
STSI Program Educational Exchange Seminar held at Hokkaido University
Japan-India Cooperation for all the universities in Japan through the University of Tokyo India Office
Prof. Hiroshi Marui, Professor of the Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology, UTokyo was awarded the “Distinguished Indologist Award” from the Indian government.
In 2016, Prof. Takaaki Kajita, Director of the Institute for Cosmic Ray Research, UTokyo（Nobel Physics Awardee 2016）was awarded an honorary doctorate degree from Aligarh Muslim University
Two programs are held funded by DMG-Mori and UTokyo
By utilizing the MEXT scholarship system, a maximum of 20 officers from the Ministry of Railway in India are accepted as Master’s course students in Japan. UTokyo plans and runs general coordination and briefing sessions as the organizing university for India’s Ministry of Railways’ MEXT Scholarship Program.