Please note that in the case UTokyo GSP may not be offered in person due to the pandemic, “Sustainable Urban Management” will NOT be offered.
We will be updating the information on our website as needed.
Due to the ongoing spread of COVID-19 across the world, the university has decided to cancel all in-person summer courses for the year 2021. Accordingly, Sustainable Urban Manegement course will not be offered for GSP students. The University of Tokyo prioritizes the safety and health of all students and we appreciate your understanding of this difficult decision we had to make.
1. Urban Engineering aspects
- Technologies to ensure Sustainable Water Management
- Measures to ensure Sustainable Environmental Management
- Urban Planning in Fast Growing Cities in Asia
- Urban Planning and Community Development in Japan
2. Architectural aspects
- Building Material in Developing Countries
- Universal design and accessibility studies in Japan
- Earthquake Hazard and Timber Houses in Japan
- Future of Architecture in the end of Modern Ages
3. Civil Engineering aspects
- Coordination between Urban Planning and River Management
~Case of Arasaki district, Gifu Prefecture, Japan~
- Application of geo-spatial technologies for sustainable urban management in Asian megacities
- Monitoring of infrastructure and its condition assessment
*A half-day excursion related to the lectures (“Study Visit”) will be organized as a part of the course.