Home > Research > Research at UTokyo > Procedures for Entering and Residing in Japan (Researchers)

Procedures for Entering and Residing in Japan (Researchers)

Researchers from overseas are required to complete certain administrative procedures in order to enter and reside in Japan. Please review the following pages to confirm what researchers should do before and after arriving in Japan, as well as what should be done when making changes to one’s visa while residing in Japan. Visit the Visa Consulting Service page for information on making additional visa-related inquiries or scheduling consultations. You can also contact the appropriate Graduate School or Institute for inquiries into visa application procedures.