1. The Tokyo Daigaku Gakuyukai was founded in October 2004 with the mission of connecting the numerous active alumni associations formed based on classes, departments, regional association, shared interest etc. of the University of Tokyo (UTokyo) together as partners in cooperation with the University of Tokyo.
2. The Tokyo Daigaku Gakuyukai was reorganized as Akamon Gakuyukai (Akamonkai), a membership style UTokyo Greater Community in April 2008, and since then it has become more active in all of its activities.
3. In April 2014, the Akamon Gakuyukai was reorganized as the Tokyo Alumni Association with a view to further develop a networking platform.
Our mission is to build and nurture an affinity for UTokyo among alumni, promote an environment supportive of UTokyo, rekindle friendships and enhance cooperation by furthering communication and cooperation between UTokyo and the members of the UTokyo Greater Community that encompasses alumni, current students as well as faculty and staff members with an aim to enhance the UTokyo Greater Community.
In principle, members of the UTokyo Alumni Association are associations registered with the UTokyo Alumni Association, alumni, current students, all faculties and staff members including those who have already retired. We hope that more and more people will register with the UTokyo Alumni Association, make use of ties with their alma mater and colleagues, and play active roles as members of the UTokyo Greater Community.
The UTokyo Alumni Association consists of the following members:
- Current students
- Faculty and staff members
- Alumni associations of classes, departments, regional proximity, shared interest etc.
- Alumni Association Unions