Current Students
Current Students

Registration of Residence

After moving into your accommodation, you must register for the following at the ward/city office in the area you live in by the designated date instructed by the USTEP Office. You need your residence card and passport in order to register.

(1) Resident Registration
(2) National Health Insurance Registration

▸ National Pension System
In Japan, all residents over 20 years old must join the National Pension system. However, people who have not earned any income in Japan during the previous year are eligible for an exemption. In which case, please follow the instructions of the ward/city office staff and complete the necessary procedures.
▸ List of Ward/City Offices
For students who will be staying in either the University Residence Hall or Student Housing, we have listed your ward/city office below. For students who will be living in an apartment or a share house, please check to see where the relevant ward/city office is located before coming to Japan. *For students who will be staying in the Komaba lodges and RUTILs, we will take you to the ward/city office on the designated date. You will be notified of the detailed information at a later time.

《Shirokanedai Lodge》
Office Name Takanawa Regional City Office
Address 1-16-25 Takanawa Minato-ku, Tokyo
Telephone 03-5421-7626
Opening Hours Weekdays, 8:30AM-5:00PM
Access  Namboku Subway Line “Shirokane-Takanawa Station”, 1 minute walk from Exit  
《Mitaka International Hall of Residence》
Office Name Mitaka Municipal Office
Address 1-1, Nozaki 1-chome, Mitaka City, Tokyo
Telephone 0422-45-1151
Opening Hours Weekdays, 8:30AM-5:00PM
Access 7 minute walk from the dorm  
《Dormy Itabashi Honcho》
Office Name Itabashi City Office
Address 2-66-1 Itabashi, Itabashi-ku, Tokyo
Telephone 03-3964-1111
Opening Hours Weekdays, 8:30AM-5:00PM
Access  Mita Subway Line “Itabashi-kuyakusho-mae Station”, 1 minute walk from A1 Exit