Housing Office > Housing Information

Housing Information

Housing Situation

The University of Tokyo offers accommodations for international students and researchers as part of our efforts to promote international exchanges in the education and research fields.

Two types of accommodation are available for international researchers and students at the University: residences operated by the University and apartments and flats rented by private businesses.

Residences operated by the University are available at lower rents than equivalent private accommodations and furnished to the minimum level needed for new residents on arrival. Each residence is highly motivated to promote international exchanges and pursue activities to encourage communication among residents.

Private accommodation, on the other hand, enables you to secure housing at locations close to your campus that are convenient for shopping and amenities. However, you would have to bear a higher rent for such housing. Details are shown in “Private apartments for rent.”

Enquiries Housing Office Tel:03-5841-0730 / Fax:03-5841-2229
Email: housing-office.adm@gs.mail.u-tokyo.ac.jp