Kashiwa International Office (KIO) offers "English Consulting Office Hours" to help solve English-related questions and communication difficulties related to study and research activities and university administration.
・Document Readability and Understandability Improvement:
Monday-Friday, 10:00-16:00 (30 min/session or as required)|
|Place||Kashiwa International Office (Environmental Studies Bldg. 1st fl, Room 124)|
Communicating well in any language is challenging and you are bound to encounter difficulties getting your message across. Written communication in English can be especially frustrating for non-native speakers. Fortunately, KIO has a solution. You can book an appointment through the KIO website with me, Paul Consalvi and I will be more than happy to try and help you work through your English communication needs. I joined GSFS in 2018 as a Project Professor in Critical Thinking and Technical Writing. I have more than 30 years experience helping students, business leaders and organizations communicate more effectively. To make the most of this opportunity, please follow the guidelines below.
Workflow and limits:
● Reservations must be done 3 working days prior to the preferred consultation date. (Exceptions can be made only in emergencies.)
● Word file documents are limited to 5 double-spaced pages (A4).
Please insert your name and page number into document footer.
If possible, please note the name of the journal and the date that the document is to be submitted.
● PPT presentation material is limited up to 20 slides
If possible, please note the name of the international conference and the date that the presentation is to be held.
● When the material involves translation, please bring an original copy of Japanese document(s).
● Spellcheck your document before submitting.
● No handwritten manuscripts accepted.
For students: ● The purpose of English Consulting Office Hour is to help solve your English Language-related questions related to study and research activities. You can discuss or request guidance related to English-language questions; however, this service does not include requests for rewriting or editing of grade-related materials. If you need English editing and proofreading for journal, please use Editing Support Services.
●Staff and faculty members can request the rewriting and editing of materials. Some limits apply so please consult KIO if you have any questions regarding acceptable documents and page limits.
One to one presentation coaching session is designed to provide students with the opportunity of
1) making a 10-15 minute presentation in English,
2) learning about your weak points,
3) learning tips and insights on how to improve,
4) practicing presentation skills in general, and
5) then remaking the same presentation for reinforcement of the learning points.
1. Please apply from Online Application form.
2. If you ask for document consulting, please submit the document(s). The URL for uploading documents will be shown in the application form and in the email which is automatically generated after you apply.
*Please include your name in the name of submitted file(s).