EDGE-NEXT entrepreneur education program Pre-Basic Phase 5th session
|Intended for||General public / Enrolled students / Alumni / Companies / Academic and Administrative Staff|
|Date(s)||June 4, 2021 17:30 — 19:30|
|Venue||Online by Zoom|
|Entrance Fee||No charge|
|Registration Method||Advance registration required
Please register at the following site.
|Registration Period||— June 1, 2021|
The University of Tokyo, Division of University Corporate Relations, EDGE-NEXT Office
EDGE-NEXT by UTokyo is an entrepreneurship education program which develops global ntrepreneurs and enables participants to create business plans based on research seeds.
This year we newly set up a Pre-Basic Phase and will focus on solving SDGs issues. We provide talks about SDGs by invited professors of UTokyo, briefing on the EDGE-NEXT program, and networking through self-introductions for finding team members to solve problems. As a program whole, participants will challenge themselves to make business plans based on their passion for problem solving and their skills and knowledge (research or business experience).
We will prepare eight sessions for the Pre-Basic Phase in May and June, and they will be free of charge.
The eight sessions will be: 1st: overall direction, 2nd: energy 1, 3rd: disaster prevention,4th: climate change, 5th: medical, 6th: energy 2, 7th: healthcare/aging, 8th: agriculture/food.
You can participate in any sessions which you like.
The invited speaker and talk for the 5th session is:
June 4: Speaker: Junichiro Inoue, Professor, UTokyo, Title: A seed of COVID-19 therapeutics born from basic research at the University of Tokyo
The main features of the program are as follows.
(1) The program consists of four phases (Pre-Basic, Basic, Advanced, and Practical) which are suitable for the respective objectives and stages. In the Basic Phase, participants dig deep to search for problems and form diversified teams. In the Advanced Phase, participants make business plans based on research outcomes through customer feedback and mentor guidance. The Practical Phase is for participants who want to launch a real business as a startup or inside a company.
(2) Participants can brush up on their communication skills and build valuable human networks through discussions with various people from universities, national laboratories
and corporations, including investors and business mentors.
(3) Participants can have the chance to present business plans in front of overseas venture investors in Silicon Valley and San Diego.
Agenda for the first session:
(1) Self-introductions by participants
(2) Overall briefing on the EDGE-NEXT program
(3) A talk about SDGs by the invited UTokyo professor
(4) Networking for finding team members to solve problems
Intended for: University researchers (graduate level or higher), national laboratory researchers, government staff, corporate personnel (research or business development)
Number of participants: No limit for the Pre-basic Phase (About 40 people from the Basic Phase onward)
Registration: Please register via the form on the following application site.
We have prepared templates for self-introduction and networking (team member recruiting) on the application site. Please send the files to the EDGE-NEXT office by email at least three days before the session day. After receiving them, we will send the Zoom URL for participation by email. Please note that doing a self-introduction is a necessary condition for attending the Pre-Basic Phase.