Research & Development of Satellite and Terrestrial Integration Technology for Beyond 5G
- 1.4 Wireless Communications (5G, Beyond5G, 6G)
- 1.8 Unexplored Fields (Space, Satellite, High Altitude Platform Stations (HAPS), Ocean, Underwater)
- 6.1 Beyond 5G Promotion Strategies
Interfaculty Initiative in Information Studies and Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information Studies
By utilizing Testbed, which was developed by ESA (European Space Agency), for the satellite and terrestrial integration technology, we will identify the usefulness and problems of satellite and 5G integration operation. This will occur by enabling the seamless connection of the satellite and terrestrial heterogeneous network, which are independently operated, using the Ku band VSAT system provided by JRAC and the Ku band satellite operated by SKY perfect JSAT. In addition, the validation testing and demonstration of the 5G application will be conducted, featuring the global coverage of the satellite. Second, the establishment of the efficient local 5G network traffic accommodation technology in the satellite and terrestrial connected back haul will be objected by utilizing SDN/NFV, network slicing, and the orchestrated network management technology, developed by The University of Tokyo, in beyond 5G..
- JRC Co. Ltd.
- SKY Perfect JSAT Corporation
- Nakao Akihiro Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information Studies
- Tel: +81-3-5841-8201
- Email: info[at]nakao-lab.org