New development in particle physics using quantum computers
- 1.3 Quantum AI
- 1.5 Quantum interdisciplinary sciences(Life science, Mathematics, Particle physics, Space science, Astronomy, Quantum gravity, etc.)
- 1.10 Educating the quantum generations
Graduate School of Science
In this project, we are developing methods to utilize quantum computers for particle physics research. We are developing simulations of high-energy particle processes. We are also aiming to use quantum artificial intelligence in data analyses for particle-physics research.The developments may lead to a breakthrough in particle physics and quantum computation. We train next-generation scientists who can make full use of quantum computers.
International Center for Elementary Particle Physics
- Koji Terashi, Michiru Kaneda, Tomoe Kishimoto, Masahiko Saito, Ryu Sawada, Junichi Tanaka, Event Classification with Quantum Machine Learning in High-Energy Physics, arXiv:2002.09935 [physics.comp-ph] (2020).
- Wen Guan, Gabriel Perdue, Arthur Pesah, Maria Schuld, Koji Terashi, Sofia Vallecorsa, Jean-Roch Vlimant, Quantum Machine Learning in High Energy Physics, arXiv:2005.08582 [quant-ph] (2020).
- Yutaro Iiyama, Quantum state preparation with multiplicative amplitude transduction, arXiv:2006.00975 [quant-ph] (2020).