Building a Hub for University-wide SDGs Education (in collaboration with GPPN – Global Public Policy Network)
Graduate School of Public Policy
This is a university-wide project which is intended to provide innovative training and international collaboration exploring ways to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The project aims at developing the students’ professionalism, ability to communicate in complex environments, internationalization , and networking, and it offers a real asset for their professional integration. The project consists of the following three major activities:
- GraSPP Policy Challenge (GPC) offers the unique opportunity to GraSPP/STIG/GSDM students from diverse background to collaborate and seek to improve their teambuilding and policy-making skills. Participants are tasked with responding to real-world policy challenges as a group, and design policies and proposals in response to those challenges. Selected groups will have the chance to present at the GPPN Annual Conference.
- The Global Public Policy Network (GPPN) is a partnership between Columbia University, FGV EAESP, The University of Tokyo, Hertie School, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, Institute of Public Affairs at LSE and Sciences Po, Paris. GPPN is global in two ways: the global spread of its members and its subject focus on emerging global trends in public policy. GPPN holds annual conferences hosted by each member school in rotation every year. It offers a valuable opportunity for all students and faculty members of GPPN member schools to convene in one place and strengthen relations and further understanding of public policy issues through the exchange of knowledge and activities. Student groups from each partner university will have the opportunity to present a project/idea in front of the deans and students from GPPN schools, as well as special invited guests. Best group will receive an award. Students can also participate in lectures from world leaders and other activities.
- The GPPN SDG Certificate provides students with a chance of learning about the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) by attending a dedicated educational program developed by the Global Public Policy Network (GPPN). Students will attend seminars and interact with relevant international organizations, NGOs, Japanese and foreign government officials, business organizations, so that they may enhance their understanding of SDG in their practical and organizational challenges. The course also aims at developing the students’ professionalism, ability to communicate in complex environments, internationalization, and networking. Furthermore, each student will develop a part of a collective project together with his/her team. The projects should aim at analyzing, discussing, and proposing policies for the advancement of one or more SDG goals in the framework of public policy and international/global governance.
Global Public Policy Network
- School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA), Columbia University; New York, U.S.
- Institute of Public Affairs (IPA), London School of Economics and Political Science; London, UK
- School of Public Affairs, Sciences Po; Paris, France
- Hertie School; Berlin, Germany
- Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore (NUS); Singapore
- Graduate School of Public Policy (GraSPP), The University of Tokyo; Tokyo, Japan
- Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV), Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo ; São Paulo, Brazil