Taking into account the recent level of novel coronavirus infection and the progress of vaccination in Japan as well as the University of Tokyo, the entrance restrictions to Hongo Campus will be relaxed for the time being from Monday, 13 December 2021 as follows.
1. Lifting of entrance restrictions at each gate
- The restrictions at the various gates will be lifted and it will be possible to enter the campus (excluding the buildings), including people who are not of the university. Furthermore, it will not be necessary for you to show entry notices or health care reports when entering.
2. Entry or use of buildings or facilities
- As a general rule, access to buildings is limited to members of the university and related parties.
- For facilities that can be used by people outside the university, please follow the instructions of the facility manager. It will be possible to use the facility by nonuniversity members after implementing infection control measures at the discretion of the person in charge of the facility.
3. Other precautions
- When entering the campus, please continue to wear masks and refrain from activities that increase the risk of infection.
- Please manage your health on a regular basis and do not enter the campus if you have a fever or other illnesses. For on-campus members, we recommend that you continue completing the health management reports for health management.
- At this stage, the relaxation of entrance restrictions will be implemented as a temporary special measure, rather than a change to the "The University of Tokyo Guideline for Strengthening COVID-19 Infection Control Measures". Depending on the situation of the spread of the novel coronavirus infection, this measure may be terminated, and the entrance restrictions may be enforced again.
December 10, 2021
Updated July 11, 2022
UTokyo Coronavirus Task Force