Prospective Students
Home > Prospective Students > Undergraduate Students > Admissions > Undergraduate Programs in English (PEAK and GSC)

Undergraduate Programs in English (PEAK and GSC)

Programs in English at Komaba (PEAK)

Aiming for the creation of a global campus that attracts talented students around the world, the College of Arts and Sciences has offered undergraduate degree programs taught entirely in English on the Komaba Campus since October 2012. This scheme consists of two programs: “International Program on Japan in East Asia” and “International Program on Environmental Sciences,” and is open to students who have received their secondary school education in languages other than Japanese. No knowledge of Japanese is required for admission, and all the courses are delivered entirely in English as a general rule. Students enrolled in these programs come from many countries around the globe, including South Korea, China, Taiwan, Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, Australia, the US, Brazil, Iran, the UK, Russia, Poland and Finland.

PEAK students study liberal arts for their first two years in the Junior Division and then advance to the two years of specialized studies (Japan in East Asia or Environmental Sciences) in the Senior Division. The majority of courses in the Junior Division are also open to regular Japanese students (non-PEAK students), who can opt to enroll in either one of the programs in the Senior Division. PEAK and non-PEAK students interact daily in many settings. PEAK is building bridges between international and Japanese students.

Global Science Course (GSC)

GSC is an all-English undergraduate transfer program. Under GSC, transfer students who have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate studies at universities outside of Japan are admitted into the 3rd in the Faculty of Science. Upon fulfilling all graduation requirements, students are awarded a Bachelor of Science degree from UTokyo.
All GSC transfer students receive:
・A monthly scholarship of JPY 150,000
・Accommodation provided with fully supported monthly rent
・Support from student tutors and TAs


Before contacting the University, please view the Frequently Asked Questions page to see if there is an answer to your inquiry. If your question pertains to a particular program/department, please contact that program/department directly.
Inquiries about the content of this page: Public Relations GroupSend inquiry
Access Map
Kashiwa Campus
Hongo Campus
Komaba Campus