Current Students

Requirements for Leaving Japan

Students must complete the following 3 steps before leaving Japan. Failure to complete them may result in the late arrival of your transcripts to your home university.

1) Return your National Health Insurance Card to the City/Ward Office where you live.
*This can be done within 2 weeks prior to your departure.

2) Clean your room and return the room key and other equipments you rented.

3) Hand in your Residence Card at the passport control of the international airport when you leave.


Note: Your student visa is valid as long as you are a UTokyo student, thus it will expire after your enrollment period.

Inquiries about the content of this page: International Education Promotion GroupSend inquiry
Access Map
Kashiwa Campus
Hongo Campus
Komaba Campus