Launch of the Energy Transition Initiative – Center for Global Commons
ETI-CGC (Energy Transition Initiative – Center for Global Commons), a platform of industry-academia collaboration was launched on November 5, 2021 with an aim to develop Japan's pathways to achieve decarbonization (net zero greenhouse gas emissions) by mid-century.
Through the ETI-CGC, the University of Tokyo will contribute from an academic standpoint to Japan's economic and social system transition required for achieving decarbonization.
- Upon the launch of ETI-CGC (PDF)
- (Attachment 1) ETI-CGC Member List (PDF)
- (Attachment 2) Subjects for exploration after COP26 (PDF)
- Statement by President Teruo Fujii of the University of Tokyo at the Official Launch of ETI-CGC (PDF)
The University of Tokyo's Participation in the "Race to Zero" Campaign
In response to a call by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), the University of Tokyo has joined the "Race to Zero" campaign, becoming the first Japanese national university to do so. UTokyo has declared its commitment to achieving virtually zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. The participation in the "Race to Zero" campaign is the first effort of the University of Tokyo toward the realization of GX.
- [Article] UTokyo joins global Race to Zero campaign (October 22, 2021)
- [Article] UTokyo Hosts Race to Zero Students’ Dialogue at COP26 (November 22, 2021)