All summer 2020 programs administered by the Division for Global Campus Initiatives have been suspended.
These short-term summer study abroad programs are organized by the partner universities and the University of Tokyo for UTokyo students. Some programs are conducted by UTokyo professors in cooperation with the partner universities, and some are customized programs based on programs originally offered at the partner universities. Contents of the programs are lectures, fieldworks, collaboration and interaction with students from host universities, language classes, cultural experience, and so on. The short-term summer study abroad programs are similar to the short-term winter study abroad programs, but the schedule and the host universities are different. (There may be a program which is offered in both the summer study abroad programs and the winter study abroad program.)
Before applying, please read the general application guidelines and information materials carefully and consult with the relevant office of your affiliated faculty/graduate school to fully understand all important matters related to your academics at UTokyo when studying abroad, and obtain a signature from the office on the "Confirmation of notification for applying Study Abroad Programs".
- The University of Tokyo Short-Term Summer Study Abroad Programs:
Academic Year 2019 General Application Guidelines
- Attachment 1 Guidelines on the Eligibility, Requirements and Awarding of Scholarships
- Program Information Sheet (1) Seoul National University and University of Tokyo Joint Summer Program (SNU)
- Program Information Sheet (4) Chulalongkorn University Summer Program (ARTS CU Summer Program)(CU)
- Program Information Sheet (5) Stockholm Innovation Summer School (STO) and appendix
- Program Information Sheet (6) Shanghai Jiao Tong University Summer Program (SJTU)(2019.05.16 Updated)
Please check the general application guidline.