Education and Student Life
Classes and Exams
Information on class types (face-to-face, online, etc.) for every course is outlined on each department’s website and the pages below. The pages are updated periodically, so when considering which classes to take, please check the syllabuses and the following pages for the latest information.
- (Nov. 25, 2020) Regarding classes to be held in the upcoming academic year: Message from the Executive Vice President in charge of Education and Student Affairs
- (Sep. 18, 2020) Regarding classes held during A Semester (A1/A2 Terms) of AY2020: Message from the Executive Vice President in charge of Education and Student Affairs
- (Jul. 15, 2020) On the Resumption of in-person Classes and Extracurricular Activities: Message from the Executive Vice President in charge of Education and Student Affairs
- (Mar. 31, 2020) Regarding classes held during S1/S2
Below is a portal site for online classes and web conferencing.
The information below on loans, grants and other financial support is for students whose financial situations changed dramatically due to COVID-19.
- (Updated Apr, 1, 2022) For Students whose Financial Situations Changed Dramatically due to COVID-19 (Japanese language only)
The Career Support Office supports students throughout UTokyo in job hunting and career development. Information on the Career Support Office’s support services can be found on the page below.
- Career Support Office (Japanese language only)
Counseling about Concerns, Anxiety or Health with regard to Student Life
Please see the page below for information on student counseling services offered at UTokyo.
- (Apr. 6, 2020) Coping with the outbreak of COVID-19 – for UTokyo Students (Center for Research on Counseling and Support Services) (Chinese version)
Based on the Activity Restrictions Index, extracurricular activities and the use of facilities for extracurricular activities may be prohibited, so please check the pages below for the latest information. Also, even in cases where activities are permitted, be sure to take the utmost consideration to prevent the spread of infection.
The Activity Restrictions Index Level is currently Level A as of March 28, 2022.
- (Updated Jun. 6, 2022) Policy of Extracurricular Activities on the Activity Restriction Level A
- (Updated Jan. 24, 2022) Policy of Extracurricular Activities on the Activity Restriction Level B
- (Updated Mar. 19, 2021) University Policy on Restarting Extracurricular Activities (Japanese language only)
- (Updated Mar. 19, 2021) The Reopening of Facilities for Extracurricular Activity Use (Japanese language only)
- (Jun. 4, 2020) To students who are refraining from engaging in extracurricular activities to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (Message from the Executive Vice President) (Japanese language only)
- (Mar. 26, 2020) Suspension of Extracurricular Activities and the Use of Facilities for Extracurricular Activities (PDF: 104KB) (Japanese language only)
Notices from the departments that manage housing, with requests for housing residents and information on various procedures.
International Student Support
- (Feb. 12, 2021) Message to international students regarding new special measures for those impacted by the novel coronavirus
- (Oct. 1, 2020) Dear International Students Newly Admitted to the University of Tokyo in 2020 (Message from the President)
- (Aug. 28, 2020) Message to international students regarding new special measures for those impacted by the novel coronavirus
- (May 11, 2020) Tuition fee exemption for international students who are suddenly facing financial difficulties due to the spread of COVID-19
The site below has information for international students regarding COVID-19, including notices on COVID-19 response, procedures for entering Japan as well as contact information for questions and consultations.
- Information for International Students (Website for International Students) (updated frequently)
|Inquiries regarding the enrollment/entry, re-entry, class registration, or other administrative related issues||Contact information (PDF)|
|International Student Support Room (ISSR) and other resources||Contact information|